Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Business Directory


My latest project, a MySQL Powered business directory. www.thecommunitydirectory.com 90% done. Just waiting for the clients approvals and check ofcourse. This was my first time venturing out into the programming world. Dealing with Databases, scripts, PHP, MySQL and admin tools. Man, that's confusing. Had to get some help. A good friend of mine, is a programmer and he wanted to work with me on a project and also get more into web development. I decided to give him a shot and it came out pretty well. Ofcourse we changed the color scheme about 4 times. I liked the first one which was orange and gray, but currently it is baby blue and gray, which is not too bad. Looks nice, a good contrast. This was a pretty challenging project. Not having too many graphics, just something simple, catchy but still keeping it clean and crisp. Much like Google, but nicer fonts... :) I learned a lot and since all I have been doing was Informative or graphic intensive sites, I can now expand my horizons a little into databases.
With so many new technologies and languages coming out its kind of hard to keep up. Doing a project that utilizes these aspects is a great way to learn and stay sharp. Gotta keeeep up!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thumbs up!!

4/19/2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger sarfaraz said...

Thanks.
Trying hard.... LOL
all I need is an opportunity.

4/20/2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home